Hooker Lips are made by Brandon and Hannah Hooker and our four children. Yes Hooker is our last name. We are a Canadian company and make all our products in Williams Lake, BC.
The Hooker family line arrived in North Carolina in the early 1600's. My 2nd Great Grandfather with his family came by covered wagon to British Columbia in 1911.
The term Hooker for sex workers started around 1856 in New York and progressively became the norm. It's unfortunate that people use our last name for that, but it is what it is. Our product are named after our last name. There is also a plant nicknamed Hooker Lips.
Contact us with any questions or comments. We are happy to offer deals for larger quantities and will consider wholesale for retail establishments.
- Handcrafted in British Columbia, Canada and manufactured in small batches.
- We are not private labelled from another Country.
- We openly display the full list of ingredients.
- Ingredients: olea europaea (100% pure olive) oil, eloeis guineensis (renewable resource palm) oil, cera alba (beeswax), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, stevia rebaudiana, Aroma, Mica .15oz/4.25g.
- We try to use organic ingredients. All ingredients are Canadian sourced or imported if not available in Canada.
- All flavours and cosmetic micas are approved for lip application.
- The ratio for flavours used is within safe amounts for lips application, yes there are some companies that don't follow safe guidelines...
- Paraben-Free, Petroleum-Free, BHA-Free, Lanolin-Free, SPF-Free, Synthetic Colour-Free, Not tested on animals but they would probably like it!
- There is beeswax in the lip balms, so technically they are not considered vegan.